Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Level : 2; EXP : 0
HP : 0 / 25
MP : 3 / 1129
Originally Posted on: 2009/6/17 20:08

James Strickland Story - In Response to KRDOTV.com Article

I have posted this comment on the krdotv.com website, and as promised have also placed it here, to make sure that the readers get an un-edited version of my comment.

MY COMMENT:

It seems the "media" has done it again.

What is the disgusting purpose behind exploiting something that is intended for good, and manipulating it into something that is an obvious "tabloid tactic" to take the eyes off the real purpose behind this man's journey.?

James has an incredible amount of courage, and trusts that people still have "good" within them.

There is an old saying "Those who live in glass houses, should not throw stones". But to keep it biblical, let me quote Jesus also "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone" John 8 verse 7.

It seems as though this reporter, and his media news caster friends, have chosen to take advantage of James' good heart, and honesty, and turn it into a joke, or at the very least, a cheap shot at making him look bad.

What a testimony in faith, just to consider making a journey like this in the first place, let alone to actually be doing it!

James indeed has the Lord in his heart, and his intentions of this journey home to Washington is obviously pure.

For the news media to take a voluntary interview, and the keyword is "VOLUNTARY", with James, and twist it, and edited it, into something they "think" is "news-worthy", but in my opinion, and in the opinion of many others I have talked to, that have read, and watched this "news", it is nothing more than an an attempt to cast shadows upon the works in faith, this man has begun.

Maybe the media should focus on highlighting some of the good people do, instead of focusing on "what sells", or at least what they think sells.

The story would have had a deeper impact for its readers, and more people might stay interested in it, had it been written around the strength, courage, honesty, religious commitment, and the fact that so many people support James, and his "Walk of Faith". Instead once again the media, has come up short, by trying to use simple minded gimmicks, and thoughtless, out of context quotes, to build an empty story, that really lacks the ability, and integrity to be "news-worthy".

I will not "stereo-type" all media groups though, as there have been several others that have actually listened to James' story, and wrote it, in context, and in its whole, and have displayed an honest effort to bring the real news to it's readers. A big thank you to all of those whom have written the "real news" and not just what they think people might be interested in.

God Bless you James, and keep up the good work.

This comment will also be on Itsula.com in the North America forum, just to make sure it is not "edited, and twisted into something else.

Clint

Posted on: 2009/11/24 11:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]